Review Meeting of Nagaland Forest Management Project (NFMP)via Video Conferencing held on 17th & 20th April 2020
Two Video Conference (VC) were convened to review the status of NFMP, as the complete lockdown was on during this period. Review for Southern Territorial Circle (STC) and the Northern Territorial Circle (NTC) was held on 17.04.20 and 20.04.2020 respectively. All DMU Heads cum DFO (Territorial Divisions) participated in these VCs. Both the meetings were coordinated by the Shri Dharmendra Prakash, CPD cum CEO, NFMP. While welcoming the members, he briefly explained the purpose of this exercise, especially considering the lockdown due to COVID19. He also informed the need to update status of Project from the field, which may have to be reported to GON, GOI & JICA. The following are the agendas and decisions deliberated
- Each DMU Head presented the status of Project progresses in their respective Division. While deliberating on the implementation issues faced, the DMUs expressed their difficulties in implementation due to the COVID19 lockdown, viz conducting of Annual Review meeting, completion of advance works in many Batch-1 villages, identification and surveying of different intervention areas.
- The DMUs reported that entry into the villages have been banned by the respective Village Councils, due to COVID19 lockdown and as announced by GOI, which is likely to hinder the target achievements set for this year.
- The DMUs have requested that nursery for Batch 2 villages may be initiated immediately, even before the Micro Plan completion, to catch up with the monsoon and next year’s plantation targets. However, JICA has clarified that no works should commence until microplans are prepared and approved.
- The DMUs were instructed to reassess the plantation targets for this year and report the same to the PMU through email.
- Photographic record of all activities should be maintained religiously; especially pictures from Photo points. DMUs are also requested to document and highlight unique activities and achievements for record.
- Fund currently unutilised and in the bank accounts of DMUs, FMUs and JFMCs should not be appropriated for other work items and be utilised for only specified activities.
The VC was also addressed by Shri Lhoubeilatuo Kire, IFS Addl. Chief Secretary (ACS) and PCCF & HoFF, Nagaland, who appreciated the efforts of all Officers of the Project and especially the CPD cum CEO for initiating the VC. He also asked the DMUs and other field officers to assess the Forestry Intervention targets and other project activity targets, which may need to be reviewed, for current year i.e. 2020-21. The same needs to be reported to all concern especially, JICA and MoEFCC, for information and necessary consideration.